Busy women are often guilty of putting themselves at the bottom of the to-do list, but there are few things more important to prioritize than your health.
Annual health exams are one of the most important parts of preventative health care. They allow you to address any potential health issues, as well as giving you face time with your doctor to ask questions or voice concerns about issues that have been on your mind.
Is an annual health exam really necessary?
With your health in mind, we want to make sure you get an annual health exam on the calendar. If you’ve been putting off this important visit, here are the top reasons to reconsider.
- Cancer screenings: No matter what your age, cancer can affect you. Seeing a doctor regularly gives them a chance to discuss potential disease indicators with you, helping you understand what to look for and focus on throughout your health journey. It also allows doctors to share important preventative measures, including what diet, supplements, and fitness program is right for you. Finally, procedures like Pap smears, breast exams, and routine blood work can help physicians rule out or find any troubling issues early on.
- Other health screenings: An annual health exam lets you discuss overall health concerns, your family history, and past medical procedures to allow you to collaborate on the most beneficial screenings. Whether its tests to check on your blood sugar and keep you ahead of a lifelong family battle with diabetes, or an annual STI screening, your doctor can help make sure that you’re getting the most out of your annual health exam and tracking all the wellness factors that are important to you.
- Reproductive health: Maybe you have questions about your birth control and are looking for a change in medication, or maybe you’re having trouble getting pregnant. When you know what your options are, you can make the best choices for you. Our doctors can help you find the right fit for your family planning schedule and help you find answers to your reproductive health issues.
- Referrals: If you’re experiencing health issues such as back pain, fatigue, mental health problems, headaches, or other symptoms, your primary care doctor is a great resource for referrals in the medical community. During an annual health exam, your doctor might also discuss important relief measures you can practice before you’re able to schedule an appointment with a specialist.
- Medication management: If you’re currently on medication, seeing your doctor at least once a year gives you the chance to discuss new medication options or side effects related to your prescriptions. It also gives you the opportunity to ask questions, get educational materials, or find resources on any medication you may be considering or that may be recommended.
At Health For Life, the name of our business says it all. We’re interested in your well-being for life! For long-term health and wellness, it’s important to have a regular relationship with your primary care physician.
Even if you’re healthy and symptom-free, an annual health exam can help to ensure that you stay ahead of any issues, saving you time, money, and stress down the road. Your health is the foundation of your busy life, and staying healthy means you can continue to live life to the fullest. All it takes is one visit a year to stay on track to your best health.